WSO2 provides a competitive advantage to your connected business. You obtain the WSO2 advantage by adopting:
- Complete, Composable, and Cohesive Platform
- Enterprise-Ready Foundation
- API-centric Architecture
- Cloud-Native and Cloud-Aware Technology
- DevOps for Developers Perspective
- Open Source Value
Complete, Composable, and Cohesive Platform
WSO2 has organically developed a complete, composable and cohesive platform for your complex solutions by integrating innovative open source projects .
- Complete: Rapidly develop and run your complex solution across Apps, APIs, Services, Business Processes, Events, Data without time consuming product integration.
- Composable: Build a fit-for-purpose stack by mixing platform features on top of a common OSGI framework, and seamlessly integrate WSO2 components with your infrastructure components using interoperability protocols.
- Cohesive: security, identity, logging, monitoring, and management services combined with interoperable protocols enable you to leverage what you know and what you have.
Learn more about WSO2 Platforms and WSO2 Products
Read more about WSO2 Carbon composition scenarios and WSO2 Carbon’s flexible topology advantage.
API-centric and Service-Oriented Architecture
Extend the reach of your business to mobile devices, customers, and partners by establishing and API-centric and Service-Oriented Architecture.
A forward-thinking architecture will include:
- APIs fostering effective collaboration across business value webs, supply chains, and
- Managed APIs incorporating security, management, versioning, and monetization best practices
- Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP) streamlining integration process activities used to build, publish, connect, and consume endpoints
- Application services governance promoting service re-use and guiding versioning.
- Hybrid integration infrastructure supporting service discovery, evaluation, and composition.
Read more about Enterprise Integration Patterns, API Management Technical Evaluation, and Promoting Service Re-use.
WSO2 pre-integrates and hardens opens source projects into an enterprise-ready platform exhibiting unparalleled benefits:
- Scale and Performance to handle enterprise-scale load at the lowest run-time footprint
- Enterprise governance policy definitions and best practices embedded in developer studio, dashboards, enforcement points, and management consoles.
- Identity and Entitlement Management provides information and access assurance across complex business relationships and interactions. Supports role based access control (RBAC), attribute based access control (ABAC) using XACML, cloud identity (e.g. SCIM), and web native authorization mechanisms (e.g. OAuth, SAML).
- Re-shape Architecture by wrapping legacy application infrastructure and data repositories with APIs, services, and event interfaces. Bring Cloud scalability, on-demand self-service, and resource pooling to traditional application infrastructure servers.
Read more about WSO2 Carbon scalability and performance, security and identity, and a New IT architecture.
Cloud-Native and Cloud-Aware
Reduce time to market, streamline processes, rapidly iterate by adopting a New IT platform that includes the following Cloud-Native concepts and Cloud-Aware behavior:
- Automated governance safely secures Cloud interactions, hides Cloud complexity, and streamlines processes
- DevOps tooling delivers an on-demand, self-service environment enabling rapid iteration and effective collaboration
- Multi-tenant platform reduces resource footprint and enables new business models
- On-demand self service streamlines processes and reduces time to market
- Elastic scalability broadens solution reach across the Long Tail of application demand (high volume and low volume scenarios)
- Service-aware load balancing creates a service-oriented environment that efficiently balances resources with demand
- Cartridge extensions transform legacy servers into Cloud-aware platforms
Learn more about Cloud-Native Platform as a Service. Read more about multi-tenant platform advantage and how to select a Cloud Platform.
DevOps for Developers
DevOps principles and practices bridge the divide between solution development and run-time operations to deliver projects faster and with higher quality. WSO2’s DevOps for Developers perspective automates deployment and also offers:
- Complete lifecycle automation guides projects from inception through development, test, production deployment, maintenance, and retirement
- Collaboration oriented environment eliminates communication gaps
- Project workspaces and dashboards communicate project status, usage, and deployment footprint to all stakeholders
- Continuous delivery fosters responsive iterations and faster time to market
Learn more about DevOps PaaS capabilities, and read more about how WSO2 integrates DevOps with ALM in the Cloud
Open Source Value
Open Open source is embedded in every infrastructure product (even proprietary offerings). Being based on 100% Open Source, WSO2 products and platforms deliver:
- Rapid Innovation by integrating Apache open source projects (e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, Tomcat) used by FaceBook, Google, Yahoo, and IBM
- Affordability by and passing on development savings gained by working with the community
- Visibility into how the products operation under the hood
- Flexibility in configuring and extending the open source code to meet your use cases and requirements
Read more about how WSO2’s entire corporate approach follows the Apache Way and delivers Open Source Value to you.