As we head into 4th July 2013, Public Cloud Freedom is under increased scrutiny. Â Do you want freedom in your cloud?
Unfortunately, public clouds limit freedom. Â You are expected to:
- Abide by specific Terms of Service
- Relinquish any claim to privacy
- Waive any access to due process on data or service confiscation
- Limited ability to customize the Cloud platform and policies
- Be subject to abrupt termination after provider acquisition or any other provider business whim
With hardware becoming more affordable than ever, with open source IaaS and PaS options, and with in-house self-service DevOps tools, why not invest in your freedom? Â Question Public Cloud Freedom and appropriately balance your cloud usage.
I wish you fireworks and fun on the 4th. Â Be Free!